We will be holding our Annual General Meeting on 1st July 2019 at the Ocbrook Village Hall starting at 18:30 until 19:00.
The meeting is open to all 2018-19 club members and will include the election of committee members for the next season.
The agenda for the meeting and details of the committee election process is as follows.
- Introduction and Chairman’s Statement
- Finance Statement
- Communication Statement
- Committee appointments
- There are six committee positions that are available for election for the 2019-20 season.
- Two of the positions are specific, those of Chairman and Treasurer. Applicants for these positions may be subject to financial review by the OPC bank. Other committee roles will be agreed by the elected committee.
- Tenure of all positions will run from September to August.
- Any paid up member of the club can put themselves forward for a committee position. Applicants must specify that they are applying for Chairman, Treasurer or General committee member. Members can put themselves forward for all three positions but must specify preference order.
- If only one person applies for a role and it is seconded, then no election for that role is required.
- Applications for the committee must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd June 2019.
- In the event of an election being required, the election will be made at the AGM on July 1st and will be a secret ballot. Any member not able to attend the AGM on the night but wishing to vote, can email their vote to the Chairman at email@example.com by 30th June 2019.
- The current committee will continue to work in conjunction with the new committee members until the end of August to facilitate a smooth handover of responsibilities.
- The practice of co-opting members to support specific club activities without them needing to be committee members will continue.